Are You One Of Those Buyers?March 28, 2023
It may go without saying that if you love a particular home feature and want to incorporate it into your property, that if you can afford it, you should go for it! That being said, there are certain home upgrades that pay off should you ever decide to sell your home. Here are a few with great returns on your investment (ROI).
- A Finished Basement. Renovations that result in adding square footage to a property are almost always a hit. Finishing your basement can serve as an entertainment space, a home office (certainly a plus in today’s world) or even an in-law quarters so to speak. It offers possibilities for future buyers.
- An Attractive First Impression. Homes with great curb appeal are enticing for buyers. These properties convey the message that the property owner has put love and care into the home and its surroundings. Think a lush and well-maintained landscape, ample lighting and a stand-out front door.
- Paint! Not every upgrade has to come with a hefty price tag. A simple coat of fresh paint – inside or outside – can oftentimes transform a room or the look of a home. Your exterior may not even need paint at all. Depending on the surface, a good pressure washing can work wonders. Pressure washing can also be great for refreshing sidewalks, driveways, decks and patios.
- Outdoor Options. Speaking of patios, adding one, or a deck, can be a big plus when it comes time to sell. Both act as a place to dine, to enjoy drinks, to entertain friends and family or to even take work outside for a few hours. Another popular outdoor feature is the addition of a fire pit or fireplace. They have increased in popularity post-pandemic and can be enjoyed with friends and family even during the colder months of the year.
- Kitchen Refresh. You don’t have to fully gut your kitchen to make a big change. Consider a minor revamp instead. Replace your cabinet fronts, countertops and appliances and it will make a world of difference. Keep in mind that neutral palettes are most popular.
Looking for more tips or for an assessment of your home’s value? Reach out – we can help! Visit BerksRealEstate.com or call us at 610.685.3189.